Total number of pages: 456
Total Hours: 32
The Autodesk Moldflow Insight 2021: Advanced Cool and Warp training material consists of two learning guides: Autodesk Moldflow Insight 2021: Advanced Cool and Warp - Theory and Concepts and Autodesk Moldflow Insight 2021: Advanced Cool and Warp - Practice. The Theory and Concepts guide discusses the theory, background, and workflows used in Autodesk Moldflow Insight to teach users to apply Moldflow cool and warp analysis to their parts. In the Practice guide, users are provided with problems to practice the workflows that have been discussed. Overall, the goal is to teach users to become more efficient at creating digital prototypes, running analyses, and interpreting the results related to cooling and warpage.
- Procedures for determining how cores and inserts move within a mold.
- The importance of the analysis and workflows of fiber filled materials.
- The cooling process for injection molds.
- Reviewing cooling results.
- What is required to model a cooling system for analysis?
- How to model cooling systems.
- Techniques for analyzing the cooling performance of injection molds.
- Techniques for optimizing the cooling of injection molds.
- An overview of warpage for injection molded parts.
- How part and mold design decisions influence part warpage.
- An overview of the warpage process.
- How to determine the magnitude of part warpage.
- How to analyze the cause of part warpage.
- Techniques and tools used to reduce part warpage.
- Access to the 2021 version of the software. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions.
- Autodesk Moldflow Insight: Fundamentals and Autodesk Moldflow Insight: Advanced Flow or their equivalents should be completed prior to taking this course. Solving cooling and warpage problems requires a strong knowledge of polymer flow that the two classes provide.